Advising Topics for CS Majors - Spring 2016
If your most recent semester GPA was below 2.0 but your overall GPA is above 2.0, you will need to submit the Academic Warning Assesssment.
- Students are not allowed to take a course and its prerequisite simultaneously.
- A grade of "I" does not meet prerequisite requirements.
The Computer Science Department is in the College of Engineering.
- Career Services
- CS Co-op Advisors - Mrs. Arthur, Ms. Bradford and Mr. Farris, 114 McBryde
Course Withdrawal Policy Please note that there has been an update to this policy as well as the deadline for submitting the course withdrawal form.
Please be aware that the College of Engineering strictly enforces deadlines.
- Curriculum for Liberal Education (previously Core Curriculum) - (determined by year of entry to VT)
- CS Requirements - (determined by calendar year of graduation)
- Read the foot notes carefully! Contains important degree requirement information!
- Students cannot take more than 16 hours while on academic probation. This is enforced by the College of Engineering.
- You will receive a letter instructing you to complete a Probation Packet
Transfer out of Computer Science
(Transfer forms signed by Mrs. Arthur, Ms. Bradford, or Mr. Farris in 114 McBryde)
- University Studies, 231-8440
- Career Services, 231-6241
- College of Business, 1046 Pamplin Hall
- Economics, 3016 Pamplin Hall
- Graphic Design (Art Dept), Betsy Bannan
- Math, 460 McBryde
- Statistics, 406-A Hutcheson: firstname.lastname@example.org