Advising Topics for CS Majors - Fall 2013
If your most recent semester GPA was below 2.0 but your overall GPA is above 2.0, you will need to submit the Academic Warning Assesssment.
- Students are not allowed to take a course and its prerequisite simultaneously.
- A grade of "I" does not meet prerequisite requirements.
The Computer Science Department is in the College of Engineering.
- Career Services
- CS Co-op Advisors - Mrs. Arthur, Ms. Bradford and Mr. Farris, 114 McBryde
Please be aware that the College of Engineering strictly enforces deadlines.
- Curriculum for Liberal Education (previously Core Curriculum) - (determined by year of entry to VT)
- CS Requirements - (determined by calendar year of graduation)
- Read the foot notes carefully! Contains important degree requirement information!
- Students cannot take more than 16 hours while on academic probation. This is enforced by the College of Engineering.
- You will receive a letter instructing you to complete a Probation Packet
Transfer out of Computer Science
(Transfer forms signed by Mrs. Arthur, Ms. Bradford, or Mr. Farris in 114 McBryde)
- University Studies, 231-8440
- Career Services, 231-6241
- College of Business, 1046 Pamplin Hall
- Economics, 3016 Pamplin Hall
- Math, 460 McBryde