High School Outreach
The Department of Computer Science at Virginia Tech is committed to offering a world-class computer science degree to as many students as possible. As part of this commitment, we are eager to assist high school teachers and guidance counselors as they help students explore college and career opportunities. Computer science is an exciting field with an incredible variety of career paths. The links below offer some resources to help students and parents explore the possibilities. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com for further information.
Visit CS@VT poster [pdf], with information about visiting Virginia Tech and daily departmental information sessions.
CS@VT undergraduate brochure [pdf], with information about the department.
ACM page on computing degrees and careers [URL], with posters, brochures, links and lots of information about careers in computing.
Code.org [URL], with resources for students and teachers
NCWIT [URL], National Center for Women in Information Technology
NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Program for High School Girls - "The NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing honors high school women who are active and interested in computing and technology, and encourages them to pursue their passions."
2017 Aspirations Application is now closed
- Information about the Aspirations' Program
- Application for high school girls (closed for 2017!)
- Promo Poster for high school teachers and administrators
- Do you know an outstanding computer science educator? Encourage him/her to apply for the Computing Educator Award.
- Encourage a young woman to apply for the Aspirations Award.