Maps and Directions
Where we are
The Department of Computer Science is located in two on-campus buildings, Torgersen Hall and McBryde Hall, and in the VTKnowledgeWorksII building in the Corporate Research Center.
The Virginia Tech web site provides campus maps and driving directions to the main campus. On the campus maps McBryde Hall is building 151 in grid M-3 and Torgersen Hall is building 174 in grid M-4. Information is also available for visitor parking on campus.
Corporate Research Center Location
The Virginia Tech's Corporate Research Center (CRC) is adjacent to the main Virginia Tech campus. The Department of Computer Science is located in the VTKnowledgeWorksII building which is building 21 on this map of the CRC at 2202 Kraft Drive. Visitors are free to park in the parking lot.
To reach us in the CRC follow these driving directions:
- Approaching from the east on Interstate 81 (southbound and northbound). Here is a map for this route.
- Take Exit 118 to reach the exit ramps for all three of the exits at this location. There is only one exit ramp serving the exits; missing the ramp means a trip north to Exit 128 or south to Exit 114 to turn around.
- Take Exit 118B onto U.S. 460 West. Follow the signs for Blacksburg/Virginia Tech. The U.S. 460 bypass is a limited-access highway from I-81 to Virginia Tech.
- Watch signs carefully for routes and directions. Stay on U.S. 460 West, toward Virginia Tech, Bluefield. Take exit 5A and stay to the right. At the intersection with Industrial Park Road turn left. At the second traffic light turn right onto Ramble Road. In approximately one-half mile turn left onto Kraft Drive. The entrance to the parking lot for the VTKnowledgeWorks building is the first left-hand turn.
- Approaching from the west on US460
- Proceed on US460 to the traffic light at VA 314, (Southgate Drive).
- Turn right onto Southgate Drive. Drive for .8 miles on Southgate Drive.
- Turn right onto Tech Center Drive. Drive .9 miles on Tech Center Drive and enter the park. Look to the right and you will see a park directory and a campus map.
- The VTKnowledgeWorks building is at the south end of the CRC as shown on this map.
- Driving from the Roanoke Regional Airport
Here are directions on driving from the Roanoke airport to the VTKnowledgeWorks II building in the Corporate Research Center.